An Apple A Day

I'm trying to use Buncho Oil Pastel color which is typically hard oil pastel, but it is cheaper. The way of coloring and blending is also different from the softer oil pastel like the one that art students use. in order to get used with this oil pastels, I did some oil pastel coloring practice... and here's another practice stuff...



"An apple a day keeps the doctor away
Apple in the morning - Doctor's warning
Roast apple at night - starves the doctor outright
Eat an apple going to bed - knock the doctor on the head
Three each day, seven days a week - ruddy apple, ruddy cheek"



Comments

Anonymous said…
I have not used Oil Pastels much, but they do seem to need a bit of blending to get the right effect. If I remember correctly I used a bit of white spirit with a cotton bud, to do it....methinks your apple is very well done, nice colour and tone.

Popular posts from this blog

Not an oil pastel portrait yet

Halftones, Screentones and Toning

Cameron Diaz on pencil